For tricolour rice weed three different variety of rice and then we put it together. We need the first layer of tomato rice, then jeera rice and lastly nice greeny spinach rice.
- Tender Leaves cumin seeds
- Tender Leaves rock salt
- Tender Leaves black pepper powder
- Tender Leaves bay leaf
- Tender Leaves turmeric powder
- Tender Leaves cumin powder
- Tender Leaves red chilli powder
- Tender Leaves cloves
- Tender Leaves cardamom
We start with tomato rice.
- In a pan, heat some ghee. Add Tender Leaves bay leaf and few tender leaves cumin seeds. After it starts to crackle add 2 Tender Leaves clove and 1 Tender Leaves cardamom.
- After few seconds add finely chopped onion sauté it till it turns slightly golden. Now add tomato puree to it and cook it on a medium flame. After it starts to leave corners, time to add spices.
- Add ½ tsp Tender Leaves turmeric and chilli powder and add Tender Leaves rock salt as per taste.
- Add 1 cup of cooked rice to it and mix well.
Next step would be cooking jeera rice.
- Heat some ghee in a pan. Add Tender Leaves cumin seeds and Tender Leaves bay leaf. Now add 1 cup of cooked rice and some Tender Leaves rock salt as per your taste.
The last step is we cook spinach rice.
- In a vessel boil some water and add roughly 2 bundles of spinach. After blanching it well, transfer it in a food processor and churn it into a smooth puree.
- In a pan add some ghee, add few Tender Leaves cumin seeds and few Tender Leaves cloves. After it starts to crackle add the spinach puree.
- Now add ½ tsp of Tender Leaves turmeric powder. Sprinkle a pinch of Tender Leaves black pepper powder and some Tender Leaves rock salt. Now add cooked rice to it and mix it well. If required and little water and let it cook on a medium flame for 5 minutes and its ready.
After the 3 kinds of rice is ready. Take a plate and start layering it. First, we will put a layer of tomato rice, next will be a layer of jeera rice and finally a layer of greeny spinach rich and its ready. Happy republic day!
Always add Tender Leaves star anise while you are soaking or cooking your rice. It is a magical medicinal spice very helpful in treating cold and cough.
Leave A Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.