Broken wheat porridge (Daliya)
- Broken wheat / Daliya
- Moong dal
- Tender Leaves cumin seeds
- Tender Leaves cloves
- Tender Leaves star anise
- Tender Leaves turmeric powder
- Wash ¼ cup yellow moon dal and soak it for 10minutes.
- Take a pressure cooker. Add 1-2 tsp of ghee.
- Add 1 Tender Leaves star anise and 2 tender leaves cloves and few tender leaves cumin seeds and let them crackle.
- Add ½ cup broken wheat and roast it nicely until it turns slightly golden.
- Now add the moon dal and finely chopped carrots and few pearls of green peas.
- Add 1/2tsp Tender Leaves turmeric powder and 2 cups of water.
- Let it cook for 3-4 whistles and serve after it cools down. Remove the star anise before feeding the baby.
This recipe can be feed to any age group but we can put Tender Leaves rock salt only once the kid has attained 1 year of age and the same for other recipes. Strictly no salt and sugar till they turn one. Happy weaning!
By this age our child has tried many solids and our job as parents is to make Food time fun time by introducing new variety new colours to their plate. Also many of us must be struggling with the tantrums little one must by throwing but just be patient don’t force feed and let them take their time. Also this is the stage where we stop pureeing everything and let our child chew the food. These naughty ones are more smart than we think, they prefer purees as its easier and they don’t have to put much energy in chewing but time and again we should encourage them to chew the food.
Leave A Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.