Vegetable moong dal
- Moong dal
- Tender Leaves cumin powder
- Tender Leaves turmeric powder
- Tender Leaves cumin seeds
- Mixed vegetables (carrot, beans, potato, peas, cauliflower florets)
- Take ¼ cup of yellow moong dal. Wash it and soak it for 15-20 minutes.
- Take the vegetable available with you. Wash them and peel their skin off. Cut it into pieces (we need ½ cup of mixed vegetables).
- Now add mixed vegetables and dal in a cooker with 3- 4 cups of water. Add 1 tsp of Tender Leaves turmeric powder. Add ½ tsp Tender Leaves cumin powder. Close the vessel and let it cook for approximately 5 whistles.
- Let it cool down. If the child is happy to take mashed veggies then mash the dal and veggies or else empty the contents into a blender and churn it to a smooth puree.
- Now take a pan add 1 tsp ghee, add a little Tender Leaves cumin seeds. Let it splutter then add the mixed veg dal to it. Some hot delicious meal is ready for the yummy munchkin in front of you. Happy Weaning!
- Always consult a pediatrician before starting solid food for your young ones
- Always try a new recipe for 3 consecutive days to check for allergies
- Strictly avoid salt and sugar till they turn one year old
Leave A Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.