- Yellow moong dal / toor dal / green split moong dal
- Tender Leaves turmeric powder
- Tender Leaves cumin seed
- Take half a cup of rice and one third cup moon dal. Wash it properly and soak it for 25 mins.
- Take a pressure cooker. Put some ghee in it. Then add few cumin seeds and let them splutter. Add the soaked rice and dal with 2-3 cups of water and ½ tsp turmeric powder.
- Let it cook for 4-5 whistles and wait for it cool down.
- Mashed the cooked khichdi with a masher and serve to the baby for a complete meal. Happy weaning.
Khichdi is one of the most traditional and nutritional meals for babies which has been trusted by our grandmothers for ages. This old age meal is very versatile and has many varieties. Keep scrolling down for many such varieties.
- Always consult a pediatrician before starting solid food for your young ones
- Always try a new recipe for 3 consecutive days to check for allergies
- Strictly avoid salt and sugar till they turn one year old
Leave A Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.