- Semolina / Rava / Sooji
- Mix vegetables (carrot, French beans, pumpkin, peas, etc)
- Tender Leaves turmeric powder
- Tender Leaves cumin seeds
- Tender Leaves bay leaf
- Tender Leaves cloves
- In a pan dry roast the rava until it turns a little brown. Meanwhile, put half a cup of mixed vegetables in a pressure cooker and cook it.
- Mash the cooked vegetables and make it a soft puree.
- Now heat some ghee in a pan, put 1 small bay leaf, 1 small clove, some cumin seeds and wait till they start crackling.
- Add the vegetable puree and let it cook for 2-4 mins. Then add the roasted rava and mix it well with the puree.
- Add a pinch of turmeric powder (to boost immunity and flavour).
- Now add boiling water and mix it with a whisker to avoid lumps. Make sure you add enough water to get a running consistency. After adding water and missing it generously let it cook for 5 mins.
- Let it cool down. Remove the bay leaf and clove before feeding your precious one.
Once the child has started to chew their food we can add the boiled mixed vegetables directly instead of mashing it. Upma is a wholesome meal and your children love it. Happy weaning!
- Always consult a pediatrician before starting solid food for your young ones
- Always try a new recipe for 3 consecutive days to check for allergies
- Strictly avoid salt and sugar till they turn one year old
Leave A Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.